Happy Wonderful Wednesday!!
I love how each season we get to enjoy some of our favorite seasonal recipes. The fall is always about pumpkin spice and everything nice! I like pumpkin dishes but I love sweet potato everything! The first time I tried sweet potato dumplings at Mathew Manor for a wedding tasting I immediately loved them. I just had to learn how to make them so I goggled a recipe that I could turn into my own.
With the holidays right around the corner sweet potato dumplings will be the perfect addition to your holiday menu!
1 can Crescent rolls
1 pkg sweet potato patties (cut in half)
½ cup sugar
1 cup of water
1 stick of butter
2 Tbspn vanilla extract
Sprinkle cinnamon, sugar, and brown sugar on top
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut each patty in half, open crescent rolls, and separate each roll
- Place each sweet potato patty on the wide end of each triangle
- Roll each sweet potato half in the crescent roll and tuck the ends in.
- Make sure each roll covers the patty
- Place each roll in a glass baking dish
- Combine water, sugar, and butter in a medium saucepan
- Heat over medium heat, until butter is melted and sugar has dissolved
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract
- Pour liquid mixture over dumplings in glass dish
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, sugar, or even pecans
- Bake on 350 F for 35-40 minutes