Have you ever craved the warmth and comfort of a lasagna but didn’t have the time or patience for all those layers? Well, my foodie friends, fear not! I’ve got just the thing for you – my famous Lasagna Soup Recipe!
This delightful creation combines all the flavors of a classic lasagna in a cozy bowl of goodness. Quite literally almost, this is a hearty hug in a bowl and I’m sharing the heartwarming details of this cherished recipe so get ready to tease those taste buds.
- What Makes Lasagna Soup So Special?
- Ingredients You’ll Need for This Recipe
- 1. Ground Turkey or Beef – The Heart of the Matter:
- 2. Italian Sausage – A Symphony of Flavors:
- 3. Broth – Liquid Love:
- 4. Tomato Sauce or Spaghetti Sauce – The Saucy Affair:
- 5. Tomato Paste – The Bold Statement:
- 6. Optional Goodies – Customize Your Hearty Hug:
- 7. Uncooked Lasagna Noodles – A Nod to Tradition:
- 8. Whipping Cream – Velvet Smoothness:
- More Optional Twists – Because I Love Surprises
- Pro Tips for Perfect Lasagna Soup
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other Enjoyable Easy Recipes:
What Makes Lasagna Soup So Special?
Picture this – a chilly evening, a cozy blanket, and a steaming bowl of Lasagna Soup. It’s like a culinary hug from grandma herself!
This dish brings together the rich goodness of ground turkey or beef, savory Italian sausage, and the comforting embrace of lasagna noodles, all in a delightful broth. Now, who wouldn’t want a taste of that?
Lasagna Soup became a viral TikTok trend and I wanted to create my own version to share with you. It’s the perfect comfort recipe for the winter! Oh, and did you know that January is national soup month?
Another great reason: It can be prepped ahead and stored for 3 to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
You’re probably thinking: Can I freeze Lasagna Soup?
You sure can! Allow the soup to cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. Just be mindful of the noodles – they can absorb more liquid upon reheating.
You’re probably also wondering: How can I make it vegetarian?
Easy-peasy! Skip the meat altogether and opt for vegetable broth. Load up on your favorite veggies like mushrooms, zucchini, and spinach for a hearty vegetarian delight.
Ingredients You’ll Need for This Recipe
1. Ground Turkey or Beef – The Heart of the Matter:
Start by browning a pound of ground turkey or beef. Season it with your favorite spices, and don’t be shy – we want those flavors to dance in the pot! Drain the grease; we’re making room for the star of the show – our savory soup.
2. Italian Sausage – A Symphony of Flavors:
Add in a pound of Italian sausage. Trust me, this is where the magic happens. The sausage infuses the soup with a kick of flavors that’ll have your taste buds doing a happy dance.
3. Broth – Liquid Love:
Pour in 4-5 cups of beef or chicken broth. This is the liquid love that binds everything together. It’s the secret potion that transforms our humble ingredients into a masterpiece.
4. Tomato Sauce or Spaghetti Sauce – The Saucy Affair:
Next, bring in 2 cans of tomato sauce or, if you’re feeling a bit extravagant, a jar of premade spaghetti sauce. This saucy affair adds the perfect amount of tanginess to our soup.
5. Tomato Paste – The Bold Statement:
For that bold, concentrated tomato flavor, stir in a 6oz can of tomato paste. It’s the secret weapon that takes our soup to the next level.
6. Optional Goodies – Customize Your Hearty Hug:
Feel like getting fancy? Toss in a teaspoon of minced garlic, a quarter cup of chopped onion, and a quarter cup of chopped bell pepper. These optional goodies add layers of flavor and a touch of traditional aromatic flavors.
7. Uncooked Lasagna Noodles – A Nod to Tradition:
Now, here’s the fun part – break out 8 sheets of uncooked lasagna noodles. Yep, uncooked! Pop them right into the pot; they’ll cook up perfectly in all that savory goodness.
8. Whipping Cream – Velvet Smoothness:
For a touch of indulgence, pour in half a cup of whipping cream. It adds a velvety smoothness that’ll have you savoring each spoonful.
More Optional Twists – Because I Love Surprises
Try some of these added twists to up the flavor profile of my comforting and delicious hearty Lasagna Soup recipe.
Pesto – A Fun Twist: Why stop there? I love a good twist! Add 2-3 tablespoons of pesto for a burst of fresh, herby goodness. It’s the unexpected guest that everyone welcomes with open arms.
Ricotta Mixture – A Creamy Cloud: Top your soup with a dollop of ricotta mixture. It’s like a creamy cloud that floats on top, enhancing every spoonful.
Pepperoni – Because Why Not: Feeling a bit adventurous? Toss in some pepperoni for a fun, flavorful kick in flavor and texture. I believe surprise flavors add some fun to our food, and this one’s a winner!
Pro Tips for Perfect Lasagna Soup
Sauté with Love:
When browning your ground turkey or beef, take your time and let the meat brown to perfection. The extra flavor is in those golden bits!
Season your meat generously, but don’t forget the layers. Add a pinch during browning and another when you introduce the sauce – it builds a whole new level of flavors.
Homemade Broth Boost:
If you’re feeling particularly ambitious, consider making your own broth. It adds an extra layer of richness and showcases your culinary prowess.
Uncooked Noodle Wisdom:
Adding uncooked lasagna noodles directly to the pot is a game-changer. It absorbs the flavors as it cooks, making each bite a taste of lasagna perfection.
Whip it Right:
When adding whipping cream, whip it into the soup gently. This creates a luxurious, velvety texture. Slow and steady wins the creamy race!
If you’re adding pesto, do it just before serving. This preserves the vibrant flavors and ensures a fresh, herby kick.
Experiment with different cheeses for topping – a blend of mozzarella and Parmesan creates a gooey, savory layer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Ground chicken adds a lighter touch to the soup. Season it well, and you’ll still have a bowl of deliciousness.
Store any leftover lasagna soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It gets even better the next day as the flavors mingle and marinate together.
While whipping cream adds a deluxe touch, you can substitute it with half-and-half or whole milk for a lighter version. Adjust according to your taste preferences.
Indeed, you can! Brown the meat, sauté the veggies, and then transfer everything to the slow cooker. Let it simmer on low for 4-6 hours. Dinner is served, stress-free!
My Lasagna Soup will become a central part of your dinner menu rotation! A bowlful of love, warmth, and flavors that’ll make your taste buds sing.
Whether you’re a culinary novice or a seasoned pro, this recipe is sure to become a staple in your kitchen. Family, friends, neighbors, or colleagues will be singing your praises after a single spoonful.
Other Enjoyable Easy Recipes:
- 5 INGREDIENT WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
- GARLIC ROSEMARY CHICKEN
- HERSHEY’S “PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE” CHOCOLATE CAKE
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD
- EASY SAUSAGE POTATO CASSEROLE
- THE ULTIMATE TURKEY MEATLOAF WITH BREADCRUMBS
- BEST BBQ CHICKEN BAKED POTATO RECIPE
- OVEN ROASTED TURKEY BREAST – QUICK EASTER RECIPE
Comforting Lasagna Soup
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef seasoned
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 4 or 5 cups beef or chicken broth
- 2 15 ounce can of tomato sauce or canned/jarred spaghetti sauce
- 1 16 ounce can of tomato paste
- 8 sheets uncooked lasagna noodles
- ½ cup whipping cream
- mozzarella cheese as you prefer
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ¼ cup bell pepper chopped
- Brown your ground turkey or beef and season with your favorite seasonings.
- Drain your grease from the meat.
- Add optional aromatics now, then add the broth, tomato sauce, and tomato paste.
- Once you've got a good boil going, lower to a simmer and add the noodles to cook thoroughly.
- Add the whipping cream a few minutes before turning off the heat and stir in.
- Serve in a bowl topped with your favorite garnishes or with a side of garlic bread.
- Season your meat generously, but don’t forget the layers. Add a pinch during browning and another when you introduce the sauce – it builds a whole new level of flavors.
- Adding uncooked lasagna noodles directly to the pot is a game-changer. It absorbs the flavors as it cooks, making each bite a taste of lasagna perfection.
- When adding whipping cream, whip it into the soup gently. This creates a luxurious, velvety texture.
- If you’re adding pesto, do it just before serving. This preserves the vibrant flavors and ensures a fresh, herby kick.