Today’s recipe is unapologetically chocolatey, wonderfully moist, and ridiculously easy! Get ready to be swayed by the ultimate Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe!
But first things first! Let me start with a loud “Happy Thankful Thursday”! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! The Fourth of July is my favorite summer holiday! The food, fun, fellowship, and fireworks just make the perfect summer event!
But you know what would make this glorious event even better? It’s my Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe.This bread is the perfect combination of chocolate and vegetables. It’s rich, it’s decadent, and it’s an absolute joy!
This Wonderful Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread will Satisfy all of your Chocolate Cravings
The Perfect Summer Bake
I’m about to convince you to turn on your oven during the summer to bake this sultry, dark beauty. And boy, is it worth it!
Summer is the season of zucchini. Your garden and your neighbor’s too, if we’re being honest, are overflowing with sweet, ripe zucchini. If you’ve already had it with your omelet, fritters, pasta, and lasagna, that means it’s time to have it in your chocolate bread. Simple logic.
Get your vegetable intake with chocolate!I know this might sound wrong on so many levels, but bear with me! The most amazing thing about this bread is that it’s half veggie, yet it only tastes like chocolate with an aromatic hint of spices. The zucchini is here to make this bread moist and tender. Even the pickiest eaters won’t detect it!
Ridiculously easy bake,seriously.Mix your dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix your wet ingredients in another bowl. Gently fold your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients. Pop it in the oven, and congratulations! You’ve got yourself the most delectable double chocolate zucchini bread out there!
It’s chocolate on chocolate!Admit it, the statement alone is tantalizing! First, you have your melted chocolate chips engulfed in silky and moist chocolatey bread. This is what dreams are made of! This double chocolate beauty will sure bewitch you and excite all your senses!
Enjoy This Moist Chocolate Zucchini Bread With
- A Cup of Coffee: I adore the mornings after I have baked this bread. There’s nothing more satisfying than sipping my dark morning coffee with a slice of this sweet bread. The rich chocolate flavor with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg just makes my day! If coffee isn’t your cup of tea, don’t fret. This irresistibly chocolatey zucchini bread makes the perfect afternoon snack with a cup of tea!
- Peanut butter: Yumm! Peanut butter and zucchini bread are what I’d call a match made in heaven! The salty nuttiness of peanut butter balances the sweet richness of chocolate for the ultimate experience of pleasure 😉
- A scoop of vanilla ice cream It’s ice cream, people; need I say more?
- On its own: What can I say? It’s just that good of a treat! Whenever I bake it, I keep snatching a slice whenever I pass by it sitting on my countertop. LOL.
One Amazing Base, Many Fantastic Options
My Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is great on its own, but don’t be afraid to experiment with flavors and put your own touches on this super-easy recipe! Here are some suggestions:
If you’re in the mood for chocolate and nothing but chocolate, we’ve got you covered. You can omit the spice mix and add half a teaspoon of espresso powder instead. Don’t worry. You won’t actually taste the coffee, but it will give a certain depth to the chocolate’s flavor. I actually learned this trick from my grandma, and I use it in most of my chocolate baked goods.
If the double chocolate zucchini bread is already too much for you, swap half a cup of chocolate chips for chopped walnuts or pecans. You can’t go wrong with roasted, crunchy walnuts drowning in melted, moist chocolate! Dried cranberries or raisins might surprise you in this one.
The bottom line is to be creative and try the combinations that strike your fancy.
Tips for a Great Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- To cut prep time, you can use a food processor to grate your zucchini.
- There’s no need to peel the zucchini. I understand the urge to remove everything that is green from your dessert, but trust me. It’s completely unnecessary. The zucchini will completely melt into the bread, and no one will be able to tell it was there in the first place!
- Use two packed cups of zucchini. Remember, the moisture in this bread primarily comes from the zucchini. So make sure that your cups are heaping.
- Mix gently! I cannot repeat how important this tip is. Make sure that your moves are soft and gentle. Sometimes, mixing roughly will cause it to fall in the middle.
- Do not overmix! That is the rule of thumb when baking anything with wheat flour. Over-mixing the batter will form gluten, which in turn hardens the mixture. No one wants a rough, stiff chocolate loaf!
- Wait completely for it. let it cool down before slicing it. It’s hard, I know. But good things happen to those who wait. If you slice it while it’s still warm, you might risk ruining its structure and texture. Be patient and enjoy this decadent delight at the right time.
Frequently Asked Question
Absolutely. Grab your favorite chocolate bar and slice it into chunks. Everything will melt in the bread, leaving holes of gooey chocolate goodness!
Mine lasts for as long as four days on the counter. Granted, it’s wrapped in plastic wrap.
A definite yes. One of the many good things about this amazing double chocolate zucchini bread is that it freezes well. All you have to do is wrap it in plastic wrap, then another layer of aluminum foil, and freeze it. It will stay good for up to four months.
You might want to try yellow squash instead of zucchini. Let me know how that turns out!
Personally, I find this chocolate zucchini bread to be perfect on its own. But if you fancy it, I think it will taste heavenly with extra chocolate frosting on top!
The Fudgy Chocolate Bread of Your Dreams
Ingredients for Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Grated zucchini
- Granulated sugar
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
Steps to Prepare Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
First of all, heat the oven to 350 °F. Then, grease two 8×4-inch loaf pans.
Second, grate the zucchini, and in a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
After that, in another bowl, combine the zucchini with all the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips. Stir the zucchini mix into the dry ingredients until just blended, and then stir in the chocolate chips.
Finally, pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Cool on the rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
Try More of My Perfect Baked Goodies
- Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake
- Rum Cake
- Old Fashioned Lemon Pound Cake With Sour Cream
- Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- Key Lime Cake
- Red Velvet Cookies
- Butter Pecan Bundt Cake
- Lemon Brownies (Easy Cake Mix Brownies)
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake With Cake Mix
Be sure to follow me on my social media accounts (Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/kmariekitchen/ and Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/kmariekitchen) and don’t forget to share, mention,
or tag me when you remake any of my recipes!
If you loved this delicious and easy -to-follow recipe, you will definitely love my No Bake Desserts Made Easy cookbook. Now available for purchase by clicking the link below!
I like to share easy and delicious recipes to help families create memories through meals and my No Bake Desserts Made Easy Cookbook (now available for purchase) will help you make delicious desserts without turning on the oven!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 4 cups of flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup cup milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- First of all, heat the oven to 350 °F. Then, grease two 8×4-inch loaf pans.
- Second, grate the zucchini, and in a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- After that, in another bowl, combine the zucchini with all the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips. Stir the zucchini mix into the dry ingredients until just blended, and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Finally, pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Cool on the rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.