It’s wonderful Wednesday, and this day is most suitable for baking a Rum Cake! Hope you all have an enjoyable day alongside the company of this savory cake!!
A Passion for Cake Baking
Growing up, I have always cherished a memorable activity which is baking cake with my mom. Such an experience instilled in me the passion for baking. It was so fun for me to mix all the ingredients together, whipping the cake up, and smelling the adorable aroma of freshly baked goods.
Rum Cake That Is out of This World!
Doctoring Rum Cake up
Today, I am sharing a mouth-watering and tasty moist Rum Cake Recipe. What makes this recipe easy and quick to do, is that you can simply use a cake box. I know that many of you don’t like using cake box mixes, but believe it or not, you will definitely love how you can doctor them up.
Perfect Fit for Holidays
On special holidays like Christmas or Thanksgiving, you would be on the run hurrying to catch a family or friend gathering. Therefore, a ready-to-do cake with crispy nuts, such as this one, is the optimum choice to offer to your loved ones. I hope you try it!! Happy Baking!!
Useful Tips to Consider
Rum Cake would never fail if you just keep some hints in mind. First of all, all ingredients must be at room temperature. Cold, frozen or refrigerated eggs, mixes, water… would leave the cake doughy.
In addition, preheating the oven is key to the success of the recipe. Before putting the cake in, preheat the oven for 5-10 minutes
Also, do not open the oven door before, at least, 30 minutes of baking time. Otherwise, the cake will sink and not rise.
Finally, test the readiness of the cake by inserting a toothpick into its middle. If the toothpick comes out dry and clean, then the cake is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions
Definitely, yes! Well, let’s say that adding rum to this type of cake gives it a marvelously distinct flavor and makes it more consistent by reducing gluten in it. In this case, it becomes much closer to a gluten-free cake.
Is it a must to use an electrical mixer to combine the puddings together?
No, it isn’t necessary at all. In fact, you can use the manual whisk instead, and you will get the same foamy texture.
Should I use light or dark rum for the Rum Cake Recipe?
To get the glazing golden color of the cake, I recommend using dark rum. However, you can still opt for light rum if dark is not available.
Light and Fluffy Rum Cake Topped with Chopped Nuts
- Chopped pecans or walnuts
- Yellow cake mix
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Large eggs
- Canola oil
- Bacardi dark rum
- Rum Glaze
- Granulated sugar
- Dark rum
First, preheat the oven to 325 F.
Second, spray your Bundt cake pan with the Baker’s Joy cooking spray.
Now, generously layer nuts – walnuts or pecans- in the bottom of the cake pan.
After that, beat the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, and dark rum together for 3 minutes. Pour the mixture in the greased pan.
Next, bake the cake for 1 hour, placing the pan on the middle rack of the oven.
Then, remove from oven, and let the cake cool for 10 minutes.
Finally, pour rum glaze on top of cake.
Easy and Quick, Glazy Rum Cake
With the amazing combination of crispy nuts and dark rum, this Rum Cake Recipe should be your option for a tasty serving.
Other Recipes That Are a Must-Try
- Lemon Brownies (Easy Cake Mix Brownies)
- Butter Pecan Bundt Cake
- Homemade Cake Release
- KEY LIME CAKE
- HERSHEY’S “PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE” CHOCOLATE CAKE
- JIFFY YELLOW CAKE MIX APPLE CRISP
- OLD FASHIONED LEMON POUND CAKE WITH SOUR CREAM
- EASY STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE WITH CAKE MIX
- BUTTERSCOTCH CAKE
- LEMON BARS (CAKE MIX LEMON BARS)
- 1 cup Chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 box Yellow cake mix
- 3.9 ounce Instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 Large eggs
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Canola oil
- ¼ cup Bacardi dark rum
- ½ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- ½ cup Dark rum
- Preheat oven to 325F, and spray your Bundt cake pan with the Baker’s Joy cooking spray.
- Generously layer nuts in the bottom of the cake pan.
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, and dark rum very well.
- Bake for 1 hour, and then remove from oven letting the cake cool.
- Pour rum glaze on top of cake.
- Rum Cake would never fail if you just keep some hints in mind. First of all, all ingredients must be at room temperature. Cold, frozen or refrigerated eggs, mixes, water… would leave the cake doughy.
- Preheating the oven is key to the success of the recipe. Before putting the cake in, preheat the oven for 5-10 minutes
- Do not open the oven door before, at least, 30 minutes of baking time. Otherwise, the cake will sink and not rise.
- Test the readiness of the cake by inserting a toothpick into its middle. If the toothpick comes out dry and clean, then the cake is ready.