Happy Wonderful Wednesday!!!
If you are new to the blog you will quickly learn I love baking! Spring is right around the corner it is the perfect time to bake desserts full of citrus flavor! My easy lemon bar recipe will be a perfect treat for you to make and share with your family and friends this spring! You can wrap them in the cutest clear packaging.
I remember tasting a lemon bar for the first time and I immediately fell in love! I absolutely loved them and wanted to learn how to make them. I just love the rich flavor and cake brownie texture. I have already remixed the recipe with some white chocolate strawberry bars which are delicious too!
Why will you love this recipe?
- They are easy to make
- Few ingredients
- Bursting with amazing lemon flavor
- Inexpensive dessert
- You can get creative with the recipe
What do you need to make this recipe?
1 Box of Lemon Cake Mix
3 Cups of Confectioner’s Sugar
1 Stick of Butter (Melted)
1 8oz Block of Cream Cheese
How to make this recipe
- In a bowl combine lemon cake mix, 1 egg, and 1 stick of melted butter.
- Mix all 3 ingredients well.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with Baker’s Joy.
- Add cake mixture in the baking dish and spread across the whole pan.
- Mix 3 cups of confectioner’s sugar, 2 eggs, and 1 block of cream cheese together with a mixer.
- Pour cream cheese mixture on top of cake mixture.
- Bake on 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Tips and Tricks
You can add lemon juice for more flavor
You can create different recipes with other cake mixes
You can add lemon extract for more lemon flavor
You can add white chocolate chips
Can I add lemon juice?
Yes, you can add 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice to the cream cheese mixture
What is the best lemon cake mix?
You can use Ducan Hines or Betty Crocker but I have learned Betty Crocker cake mixes work best for my recipes!
Can I use extract flavor?
Yes, you can add extract flavor to get creative and pull out more flavors!
Easy Lemon Cake Mix Bars
- InstructionsIn a bowl combine lemon cake mix, 1 egg, and 1 stick of melted butter. Mix all 3 ingredients well. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with Baker’s Joy. Add cake mixture in the baking dish and spread across the whole pan. Mix 3 cups of confectioner’s sugar, 2 eggs, and 1 block of cream cheese together with a mixer. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of cake mixture. Bake on 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Enjoy!