I have so many recipe ideas using peanuts or peanut butter and I am so excited to share a fun twist on a classic recipe that has been in my family for 16 years. My Oreo dirt pudding is a recipe I have been making since I was in college and it is still popular with my family today. If you know me you know I love to recreate recipes and put a fun twist on a classic. Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle is the perfect no bake dessert that can be dressed up in cute individual dessert cups and more.
Peanut butter, chocolate pudding, cream cheese, and peanut butter Oreo cookies combined together to create the unique Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle. It is a fun twist on a classic recipe.
No Doubt You Will Love It!
My Trip To Alabama
I hope you read my blog post all about my wonderful trip to Dothan, Alabama for the 2021 ALABAMA FARM-TO-TABLE PEANUT HARVEST TOUR. Up until my trip to the wire grass part of Alabama I didn’t think much about peanuts until it was time to make my peanut butter pie or a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. I was introduced to the Alabama Peanut Producers years ago at my first cooking demonstration at the Southern Women’s Show.
The peanut recipes shared with me were added to my recipe Rolodex but after my trip, I left Dothan, Alabama inspired and loving everything about peanuts. Also, I recently found out that my grandmother and great grandmother on my mother’s side grew peanuts which is more touching to this story.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf Alabama Peanut Producers Association. All reviews and opinions are 100% mine.
One popular trifle variant is when someone makes the trifle, they soak the sponge cake in jelly and then refrigerate it to set. When they combine the cake and jelly together, they create a pleasant texture if made in the correct proportions.
Back in time, jelly often contained a fresh or preserved fruit that is presented separately next to the trifle that was made with custard and cream and presented in a plate directly from a large mold then decorated with sweetened and flavored cream.
Then, they topped it with some fruits in the Georgian and Victorian styles. A similar dessert in Germany and Austria goes by the name of Punschtorte. In Italy, a dessert similar to and probably based on trifle is known as zuppa inglese, literally “English Soup”.
Reasons Why this Trifle is a Super Dessert
- You can make this dessert ahead of time. You can make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle and refrigerate it until serving time.
- It’s an easy-to-make no bake dessert. With simple ingredients and easy steps you will have the most delicious chocolate trifle.
- Well-decorated trifles make an impressing showstopper presentation that impress people.
How to Layer a Gorgeous Trifle
To show the beautiful layers of the trifle, you have to use a clear glass bowl. A trifle bowl is a perfect choice, but you can get creative and use any other glass jar like a cookie jar. Let’s talk about layers:
The First Layer: Start with whole cookies which are the Oreo whole cookies in this recipe. Layer them beautifully at the bottom of your glass bowl.
The Second Layer: Equally distribute the second layer which is the chocolate peanut butter pudding mix on top of the whole Oreo cookies.
The Third Layer: Crush Oreo cookies on top of the pudding mix.
Is Peanut Butter Good for You?
Peanut butter is a paste made just of peanuts. But, there are many low-quality products that contain added sugar and vegetable oils.
Peanuts are low in carbohydrates.They are suitable for people with type 2 diabetes or those following a low carbohydrate diet. Also, peanut butter is a good source of healthy fats. It is high in many healthy vitamins and minerals.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Trifles aren’t ordinarily frozen since the custard can go bad in the freezer.
After 3 days of storing the leftover trifle in the fridge, the trifle will still be edible. But, cookies and biscuits will be very soggy and the pudding will become looser, soaking up the whipped cream and syrup.
According to Food TimeLine, the name trifle comes from “the Old French trufe” (or truffle), meaning something of little importance. For us, this means that dessert trifles should be easy to assemble, serve, and eat.
- Dove Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding
- Condensed Milk
- Cool Whip
- Cream Cheese
- Confectioner Sugar
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oreos
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup (optional)
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle
In a medium mixing bowl combine butter, cream cheese, peanut butter, and confectioner sugar.
Next, combine pudding mixture and cream cheese mixture together
I chopped one row of cookies in the food processor because I wanted to start assembling the trifle in the trifle bowl.
Layer the ingredients in a clear glass trifle bowl in this order: put whole cookies in the bottom, then pudding mix, then crushed cookies. Repeat this order until you reach the top of the bowl. You should end up with two rows of cookies and two rows of pudding mix.
Add remaining cool whip on top and crush nutter butter cookies or lay flat in a cute circle design and top off with Hershey’s syrup.
Other Desserts You Must Try:
- Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chippers
- Red Velvet Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Sweet Potato Dumplings
- Easy Apple Crisp
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- No Bake Strawberry Pie
- Double Cookie Banana Pudding
The Unique Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle
- 1 large box Dove Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding 3.22 ounces
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can condensed milk 14 ounces
- 2 cool whip 8 ounces
- ½ cup butter 1 stick
- 1 cream cheese 8 ounces
- 1 cup confectioner sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 package Chocolate Peanut Butter Oreos
- 1 package Nutter Butter Cookies 3.5 ounces
- Hershey's Chocolate Syrup optional
- In a large mixing bowl mix pudding mix, milk, condensed milk, and 1 ½ container cool whip (8 ounces). Save the other half for the top of the mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine butter, cream cheese, peanut butter, and confectioner sugar.
- Next, combine pudding mixture and cream cheese mixture together.
- Chop one row of cookies in the food processor in order to mix my layers with whole cookies and chopped.
- Layer the ingredients in a clear glass trifle bowl in this order: put whole cookies in the bottom, then pudding mix, then crushed cookies. Repeat this order until you reach the top of the bowl. You should end up with two rows of cookies and two rows of pudding mix.
- Add remaining cool whip on top and crush nutter butter cookies or lay flat in a cute circle design and top off with Hershey's syrup.