The Buffalo chicken dip is such a creamy and mouthwatering comfort food! This tangy, creamy dip tastes just like famous Buffalo chicken wings! Hot wing flavors infused into a perfectly delicious dip is the best appetizer for any special occasion!
This dip came just in time for March Madness!! 🏀 I can’t believe this recipe is 9 years old! I remember the first time I made it! It was for my uncle’s 60th Birthday party, and he turned 69 this year!! If you love buffalo chicken wings, you will absolutely love this dip because it’s so easy and delicious!
Delicious Homemade Appetizer
Reasons to Love Buffalo Sauce
Everyone will love this Buffalo Chicken Dip because this spicy food appetizer is full of rich classic buffalo wing flavors!
You can serve it literally on any occasion: birthday party dinner, family gatherings, or a friendly lunch!
Ingredients are super simple and affordable! Also, it is so easy to prepare, even for the beginners!
This Buffalo dip is such a delicious and versatile dip! It is kid-friendly, and can be served with pretty much anything!
Serve this dip with hot crackers, tortilla chips, crusty bread pieces, tortilla chips, or potato chips!
You can also serve this dip with celery sticks, carrot sticks, red bell pepper sticks, or sliced cucumber!
Frequently Asked Questions
Since buffalo chicken dip contains cooked chicken meat, this dip will last 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Yes of course! Just heat it up in the microwave when you want a delicious and fresh treat!
You can freeze leftovers in a sealed container for 1 month. When you want to reheat it, just remove it from the freezer and allow it to thaw for a few minutes minutes. To reheat, place it in the microwave or into an oven in a safe dish.
Yes, you can make this easy dip one to two days in advance.
Top Tips and Tricks
Soften cream cheese close to room temperature. Just take it out of the refrigerator 20 minutes before cooking. Also, it will continue to soften once added to the hot skillet.
You can use cheddar, triple cheddar, or even mix the different kinds of cheese.
It’s better to use precooked chicken: shred and pull apart with two forks or cut into small cubes. You can use rotisserie chicken, cooked chicken breast, or chicken tenderloins.
You could also use canned chicken! I would guess that 2 cooked chicken breasts would be just perfect. Shred and cook them according to the recipe.
This buffalo chicken dip recipe is not too spicy. I can guarantee that kids love it so much. However, you can adjust the spice level, and add more hot sauce for a spicier dip. You choose!
- cooked chicken, shredded
- cream cheese
- shredded cheese
- ranch dressing
- Franks Red Hot sauce
First, spray your crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
Second, add shredded chicken in crockpot, along with the cream cheese and shredded cheese.
Then, cook on high heat until the chicken and cheeses have melted.
After that, add ranch dressing and a few dashes of hot sauce to your taste.
Finally, serve the best buffalo chicken dip with vegetable sticks, chips, or crusty bread pieces for dipping! Enjoy your delicious treat!
Perfect Dip for All Occasions!
Other Delicious Recipes for You to Try
- ANTS ON A LOG: THE GREATEST SNACK
- THE BEST DEVILED EGGS WITHOUT MAYO
- TACO CUPCAKES WITH WONTON WRAPPERS
- EASY TACO DIP RECIPE WITH REFRIED BEANS
- RANCH CHEESEBALL
- SAUSAGE ROTEL DIP
- QUESO BLANCO ROTEL DIP WITH GROUND TURKEY CROCK POT
- BEST BBQ CHICKEN BAKED POTATO RECIPE
- 5 INGREDIENT WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
Be sure to follow me on my social media accounts (Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kmariekitchen/ and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmariekitchen) and don’t forget to share, mention, or tag me when you remake any of my recipes!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 2 ½ cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- Franks Red Hot to taste
- Firstly, spray your crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Secondly, add shredded chicken in crockpot, along with cream cheese, and shredded cheese.
- Then, cook on high heat till the chicken and cheeses have melted.
- After that, add ranch dressing and a few dashes of hot sauce to your taste.
- Finally, serve with vegetable sticks, chips, or crusty bread pieces for dipping! Enjoy the best buffalo chicken dip!
- Soften cream cheese close to room temperature. Just take it out of the refrigerator for 20 minutes before cooking. Also, it will continue to soften once added to the hot skillet.
- You can use cheddar, triple cheddar, or even mix the different kinds of cheese.
- It’s better to use precooked chicken: shred and pull apart with two forks or cut into small cubes. It might be rotisserie chicken, cooked chicken breast, or chicken tenderloins.
- This Buffalo dip recipe is not too spicy and kids love it so much. However, you can adjust spice level and add more hot sauce for a spicier dip. You choose!
- You could use canned chicken! I would guess that 2 cooked chicken breasts would be just perfect. Shred them and cook according to the recipe.
This does look like the perfect dip for those March Madness games!
Thank you Marta!! It is so good!!
Awesome recipe to serve for game days! It’s super simple, which is perfect for our busy lives!
Thank you Tamara!! Simple and yummy is always perfect!!
Always here for a good dip! Thanks for sharing!
I know me too Desiree!! 🙂
Niiiiceeeee that dip looks epic!
This dip right here is the real deal.
I love any type of dip! I bet this was a hit during March Madness!
alright girl! yes this is right in time for march madness and my husband love him so buffalo chicken so this would be so awesome to try! i know he’ll love it for the basketball season
This dip looks so delicious! I love any reason to use Frank’s Red in a recipe because it is my favorite!!
I love this idea and it sounds SO easy.
Hurrray! This is the perfect dip for a holiday weekend! I can’t wait to sink veggies and pita chips into this!!
The hot sauce is the perfect touch.