Happy Saturday !!
Can you believe school is back in session already for most states? It seems like yesterday it was the beginning of 2021. As the schools are starting back so we all need those quick and easy meals. My Air Fryer Cornish Hen recipe will allow you to have a meal on the table with little effort.
About This Recipe
Let’s admit the fact that I didn’t buy an air fryer when they first came out. I kept asking myself if this another kitchen gadget that I won’t be using often will be in the pantry. This year, I finally bought one and I’m so happy I did. I’ve got the pleasure of creating recipes for the Alabama Poultry Magazine and this Cornish Hen recipe will be in the September/October 2021 issue.
I thought this would be the perfect recipe because September is National Chicken Month and haven’t shared any air fryer recipes yet. My first Cornish Hen In The Air Fryer turned out so good that I had this feeling it’s going to be the perfect recipe for the weekly meal rotation or any holiday.
Salt Free Seasoning ( I recommend Mrs. Dash Original)
Everything Bagel Seasoning
How To Make Air Fryer Cornish Hen
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray
- Wash the Cornish hen and pat dry with paper towels
- Rub both sides of the Cornish hen with olive oil and seasonings
- Air Fry for 25 minutes on 390 degrees
Open the basket and flip the Cornish hen halfway through. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes if you want the skin to be a little crispier.
Air Fryer Cornish Hen
- 1 Cornish Hen
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt- free seasoning
- 1-2 teaspoons everything bagel seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Cooking Spray
- Spray the air fryer basket withcooking spray. Wash the Cornish hens and pat dry with paper towels. Rub bothsides of the Cornish hen with olive oil. Sprinkle the seasonings and spices onboth sides of the hen.Place the Cornish hen breastside down in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 25 minutes on 390degrees. Open the basket and flip the Cornish hen halfway through. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes if youwant the skin to be a little crispier.
FAQ & Tips?
Yes, it can be frozen in a zip lock bag or airtight container
Yes, it can be reheated in the oven or air fryer. A quality kitchen thermometer will help you ensure the meat is done. Use different seasonings to make a flavored Cornish hen