It’s Wonderful Wednesday!! I hope you all had a wonderful day!!
Growing up I can remember helping my mom bake cake and that is where my love for baking started. It was so fun to me to get all of the ingredients together, whipping the cake up, and the amazing smell as it baked. Baking cakes and sharing them with family and friends is a great way to show love and that is exactly what my mom did. She would bake cakes 8-10 at a time for the holidays.
Today I am sharing a delicious moist Rum Cake recipe full of flavor. I know some people don’t like using box cake mixes but I love how you can doctor them up. This rum cake is the perfect cake for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I hope you try it!! Happy Baking!!
1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
1 box yellow cake mix
1 3.9 ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
4 large eggs
½ cup of water
½ cup of canola oil
¼ cup of Bacardi dark rum
½ cup of butter
¼ cup of water
1 cup of granulated sugar
½ cup dark rum
- Preaheat oven to 325F Spray your bundt cake pan with the Baker’s Joy cooking spray
- Generously layer nuts in the bottom of the cake pan
- Beat together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, and dark rum together well
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let the cake cool
- Pour rum glaze on top of cake
Tip: Get creative and us a different flavor rum