When I first tried this recipe I couldn’t imagine how Mexican and Italian could go together. I was wowed by the mixture after taking one bite and have been making them every since. This open faced Mexican Stromboli will be one of your family favorites after you try it. This recipe is super easy and full of flavor.
1 pound ground turkey or beef (I used Butterball Turkey)
¼ cup of sour cream
1 box of Texas Toast (8 count)
1 8oz bag of sharp shredded cheese (I used Kraft)
1 package of mild McCormick taco seasoning
¾ cup of water
1. Brown ground turkey or beef meat in a large skillet on medium heat. Drain fat from meat.
2. Stir in seasoning mix and water
3. Add sour cream
4. Reduce heat and allow meat to simmer
5. Bake Texas Toast according to instructions on the box half way done
6. Pull toast out the oven and turn each piece over
7. Top each piece of toast with ground turkey or beef and top it off with shredded cheese
8. Put the pan back in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese melts
Bonus Tip: This meal is great with Salsa or you can even add pepperoni on top to give it a twist